Unless you live under a rock or a non-digital world, you have most likely pondered whether to use Facebook Live to promote your small business. The answer to your pressing question is, it depends. Facebook is a social media behemoth that, with 2.74 billion monthly active users, nearly everyone is using. In fact, as Facebook reports there are more than 1.82 million people active on the platform which is a 12% increase over 2019.
In 2016, Facebook launched Facebook Live to support what social media savvy businesses know – that video gets in the range of three times the engagement. If you are considering jumping onto the Facebook Live train, here’s the easy-to-follow guide to help you.
Is Facebook Live right for my business strategy?
Facebook Live is not a one size fits all strategy. Facebook Live can provide a venue for you to connect with your customer in a deeper or more engaging way. Facebook Live is a great tool for you if you want to provide learning sessions, on-site demos or live Q&A sessions. An important component of deciding to put effort toward Facebook Live is determining whether you target audience frequents Facebook daily.
What is the Facebook Live best practices I should know?
- Be consistent in your live posts. One and done strategies fall short.
- Don’t overthink the content. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Pay attention to timing. Days of week, times of day matter.
- Use Facebook Insights to evaluate your performance.
- Don’t expect to go viral the first time you go live. It may take time.
- Consider a mix of pre-recorded and live videos.
- Mention your viewers by name when they join you.
How do I go live for the first time?
- Tap the camera icon to the left of your search bar.
- Give Facebook access to your camera and microphone when prompted.
- Switch to “Live” on the bottom of your camera screen.
- Choose your privacy and posting settings.
- Write a compelling description.
- Tag friends, choose your location, or add an activity.
- Set your camera’s orientation.
- Add lenses, filters, or writing and drawing to your video.
- Click the blue “Start Live Video” button to start broadcasting.
- Interact with viewers and commenters.
- Click “Finish” to end the broadcast.
- Post your reply and save the video to your camera roll.
Facebook Live can be an amazing way to deepen your relationship with your customers as a small business. Consider using this tool when you have something to teach your audience or a new product or service to introduce. Especially during the COVID-19 environment, connecting with customers can be hard but is now more important than ever before.
Pet Butler is a franchise opportunity that helps savvy entrepreneurs tap into the exploding pet market and provide much needed cleanup services to busy pet owners. Pet Butler has a tried and tested method to curate the success you need for your franchise. From social media marketing to operations to sales support tools, Pet Butler provides the toolkit to help you navigate your way to success.