As a small service business, your online presence is crucial. Simply showing up at the top of the search page will make a large difference in website traffic, leads, and conversions. The team at Pet Butler is the leading pet clean-up service business that has you covered with a beginner’s guide to improving those local listings.
What is SEO?
The letters stand for Search Engine Optimization. SEO is a channel in your marketing mix. This strategy helps optimize your online content so that it renders as close to the top of the search page when users are seeking out your business or services you offer.
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is more important for service-based businesses that find their customers in a finite geographic range from where they offer service. Local SEO has to do with catering to specific regions keywords in the hopes that customers that live near your business will search those specific terms that will make you appear.
What are tips to help maximize my SEO strategy and Local Listings?
- Create or Update Your Google My Business Account – Local SEO starts with an accurate Google My Business listing. This is the information that is served up when someone is locally seeking a business like yours. It includes your address, your hours, your phone, and a few other key points of information. This process takes a few steps but the detailed instructions, are easy to access online.
- Online Reviews Are Crucial – Today’s consumer relies on customer reviews to help them make their buying choice. It’s good for local SEO and it’s a top factor in the buying decision. The more reviews your page has, the more relevant search engines think your business is. Therefore, bumping your business up higher on the search page.
- Optimize for Voice Search – Local SEO can be impacted by voice search that is used in the car or on the go with the mobile phone. This trend toward voice search is anticipated to grow even more rapidly in the coming years. Creating content that answers the questions your customer or potential customers will ask via voice search as compared to regular search can help you tap into a whole new subset of customers.
- Create Content Based on Local News – Your content should speak to your local audience. Grab the attention of your local customer base by publishing blog posts that talk about local event, news stories, and activities or set up location-specific web pages that serve up content relative to that region of the world.
- Optimize for Mobile – Consumers are on their phones looking for products and services at a higher and higher clip. These trends are not going anywhere. In addition, Google made it clear that content optimized for mobile devices will be given priority in organic search. And, add to all that, the fact that Local SEO is even more prone to be happening on the mobile device – and you’ve got all the reasons why you should be optimizing your site for mobile. You can test your site using Google’s Mobile-Friendly Tool and choose Responsive WordPress Themes as well as enable Accelerated Mobile Page (AMP) to help you optimize for the mobile device.
- Focus on Local Keywords – Keywords are still the foundation of your SEO strategy. In the case of local SEO, you want to use keywords that speak to the local search. Be sure to include them in your site’s meta content, evergreen content, and URLs.
SEO changes rapidly. Google periodically (and usually without warning) introduces algorithm updates that force businesses to stay on top of the SEO game. The truth is that there is no secret sauce, silver bullet, or magic move that can help your business win at Local SEO. It’s a long, consistent, savvy play that you have to manage to find results. But, the efforts are worth it. Meeting your customers at the point where they are searching for you online is an important channel for the growth and success of your business.
Pet Butler is a business that taps into the power of the booming Pet Industry. Pet Butler Businesses solve a problem for pet owners who don’t have the time, desire, or both to clean up after their furry friends. That’s where the Pet Butler service model comes into play. As a Pet Butler Business Owner, you’ll gain the SEO and other marketing blueprints you need to ensure that no opportunity to win a new customer is left on the table.