Part of being successful is constantly expanding your mind and growing your knowledge. One of the best ways to do this is by increasing your personal library to be full of educational and inspiring reads. However, when you are a business owner, you tend to be too busy to find the right books that are helpful to you. That’s why Pet Butler has brought together a list of suggestions to kick start your professional library.
What type of professional books should I be looking for?
When looking for a new book that can help you grow as a business owner, it is important to understand what types of books are worthy of the effort. Here are some good rules of thumb to help you choose:
- A good business book should include real-world examples.
- Your book should align with where you are going and your style of business.
- You should be able to define takeaways and lessons directly from the book in the form of applied knowledge.
Top 8 Reads For Successful Business Owners
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap, & Others Don’t by Jim Collins – This is an excellent title for taking things to the next level. In this highly regarded book. You will learn how some businesses achieve long-lasting successes. With extensive research and case studies, you gain insight into what makes the top companies tick.
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink – Read this book to learn more about secrets to high performance and satisfaction. It asserts that our success rests with the human need to direct our own lives, to learn and create new things, and to do better by ourselves and our world. This book is an excellent tool for realigning your priorities in business and in life.
- Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill – You’ve probably already heard this book heralded as a top book for business owners – and for good reason. Napoleon Hills is considered one of the top business self-help writers of all time. And, this book, first written in 1937, is his top seller. In this book, Napoleon Hill will challenge the reader to use positive thinking to change their approach to success. This is a true classic and a must-read for entrepreneurs.
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber – In this book, Michael Gerber dispels the myths surrounding starting your own business by walking you through the steps in the life of a business. This book will help you grow your business in a predictable and productive way.
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell – The tipping point according to Malcolm Gladwell is the moment an idea, trend, or social activity begins to trend and take the marketplace by storm. In this book that explores how it happens, you’ll be challenged to rethink your current way of selling your products and services. You’ll be able to pull from real-world success stories that can help you take your business to the next level.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey – The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People can help you take a holistic approach to solving your personal and professional challenges. It takes a look at habits that can guide you toward success. By providing a step-by-step pathway for living with fairness, integrity, honesty, and human dignity, Covey’s book has become a mainstay on business leaders’ bookshelves.
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie – This acclaimed book by Dale Carnegie explores the ways in which good relationships create a foundation for successful businesses. This is an excellent choice for small business owners who often find deep success in building relationships. While reading this entertaining and well-crafted book, you’ll hone in on techniques that are guaranteed to improve both professional and personal relationships while at the same time increasing your self-esteem.
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson – Steve Jobs is one of the top business leaders of all time. His business acumen and insights are outlined in this book that is based on more than forty interviews conducted with a legendary entrepreneur. The book also includes insights from those who worked with Steve Jobs – including more than a hundred family members, friends, adversaries, competitors, and colleagues.
Pet Butler Business Owners are supported by the on-going Business Support of the Pet Butler team. We set our Franchise Owners up for success so they can achieve the financial and professional success they deserve. Learn more about our Franchise Opportunities below!